Le CFW libre et gratuit Atmosphère de SciresM vient de s'offrir une nouvelle version estampillée 0.8.3 qui apporte une nouveauté majeure donnant au CFW l'a possibilité de redémarré automatiquement sur un payload sans AutoRCM activé. L'auteur précise que cella n'est pas un exploit du coldboot mais juste une redirection vers un paylad contenu dans le dossier Atmosphere.
Ci-dessous, le full changelog de la nouvelle version :
- A custom warmboot firmware was implemented, which does not perform anti-downgrade fuse checks.
- This fixes sleep mode when using a downgraded NAND.
- This also removes Atmosphère's final dependency on Nintendo's encrypted PK11 binary; all components are now re-implemented.
- The ExternalContentSource API was changed to not clear on failure.
- Content override now supports an "app" setting, that causes all applications to be overridden with HBL instead of a specific title.
- Note: because override keys are system-wide, using this setting will prevent using mods in games (as every game will be HBL).
- A bug was fixed causing incorrect fatal-error output when svcBreak was called on 5.0.0+.
- An extension was added to set.mitm to support customization of system settings.
- These are controlled by atmosphere/system_settings.ini, see here for documentation.
- By default, this is used to disable error report uploading, and enable USB 3.0 superspeed when possible.
- An extension was added to sm, adding a new sm:dmnt service.
- This can be used by a debug monitor in order to debug the registration state of various other services.
- A bug was fixed in the MitM API that could sometimes cause a system hang during boot.
- A change was made to the MitM API: in cases where sm would have returned 0xE15 when installing a mitm service, it now defers the result (following GetService semantics).
- Support for booting into maintenance mode by holding */- was added to PM.
- An extension was added to exosphere, adding a custom SMC that allows for DMA to IRAM.
- In addition, smcGetConfig was extended to reboot to a payload in IRAM at 0x40010000 when ConfigItem 65001 is set to 2.
- Fatal will now use this to reboot to sdmc:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin if present, when a vol button is pressed.
- An example homebrew ("reboot_to_payload") was also written and is now included with Atmosphère.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.